Go to Rock in Rio and stay in Rio Forest Hostel Best Place to stay at Rio de Janeiro – in the heart of bohemia, surrounded by culture and tranquility
In 1985 the first major festival of rock in South America was born. The Rock in Rio is completing 30 years with worldwide musical attractions and editions in and out of Brazil. It couldn’t be otherwise, the tickets are sold out but if you are very lucky, you can get one at the extras sales. It’s expected about 595,000 people to attend this event’s edition.
This year, the event account with four stages, where several national and international performers will shine. Among them are: Queen, System of a Down, Rod Stewart, Elton John, Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Slipknot, A-Ha, Faith No More, Paralamas do Sucesso, Lulu Santos and much else.
Sure enough you, being the rock warrior that you are, already secured your entry ticket. It’s time to choose where you will stay. Being a “gringo” or not, how about to stay with us at RioForest Hostel – Santa Teresa? You have a lot of reasons to:
- Location: The RioForest Hostel is located in Santa Teresa, privileged to be between the mountains, the forest and the center of Rio city. It has a magnificent view which includes the Guanabara Bay, the Arcos da Lapa, the Metropolitan Cathedral, the Municipal Theater, the Aterro do Flamengo and the Museum of Modern Art, among other sights which can be visited on foot, walking between 5 to 15 minutes. Not to mention, of course, its proximity to the Santos Dumont Airport. The neighborhood is welcoming and full of art galleries, studios and bistros. Known for its XIX century historical buildings and elegant mansions built up to the 40’s. It borders the following neighborhoods: Glória, Catete, Laranjeiras, Cosme Velho, Botafogo and Humaita in the South Zone; Alto da Boa Vista in the North Zone; Also Center, Lapa, Rio Comprido, Catumbi and Cidade Nova.
- Services and facilities included in hosting: Top Breakfast, free Wi-fi, kitchen structure available, air conditioning in all rooms, lockers. Not to mention that the place has a bar, an organic garden, a sundeck and a pool.
- Transport for Rock in Rio: You can reach the event by taxi, bus, and even halving the trip by subway. But the best option, which combines comfort and economy, are the special first classes bus lines available exclusive to the Festival. And it has two boarding locations near to RioForest Hostel – one at Santos Dumont Airport and the other at Castelo – near the Avenida Graça Aranha. You pay in advance and get your round trip guaranteed.
- The Bondinho (cable car): Passes in front of the RioForest Hostel. More than a tourist attraction, the Bondinho de Santa Teresa resumed circulation in a testing phase, it is free of charge and covers the Largo da Carioca – Largo do Curvelo route.
- Lapa – Cradle of bohemia carioca, stronghold of cunningness, home of the samba and several other brazilians musical styles. This neighborhood has a wide range of bars, restaurants, nightclubs and themed pubs that cater to all tastes and budgets. There are 13 streets famous for their architecture, with the postcard of the Arcos da Lapa (old aqueduct that still supports the tram tracks up until today). It is the place of all arts, and its best symbol is the Staircase Selaron.
Browse the website, check our Facebook page, talk to us and make your reservation. We are sure that you will have an incredible experience with us!